Updated: Feb 15
Get inspired for Valentine's (or Galentine's) Day by making this delicious heart-shaped strawberry cake!
As usual, this cake is made only wholesome, plant-based ingredients but is also super indulgent! The texture is not fluffy like a traditional cake, but more dense & moist like a cupcake! Plus, the 3 ingredient strawberry frosting is to DIE FOR.
I used rosebud petals to decorate my cake, but you can get creative and use what you have on hand!
3/4 cup + 1 tbsp almond flour
1 cup + 1 tbsp oat flour
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup cashew or almond butter
1 cup strawberry puree (made by food processing strawberries)
3 tbsp almond milk
1/2 cup strawberries
5 tbsp melted coconut butter
5 tbsp maple syrup
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
2. Make strawberry puree by food processing strawberries. Mix puree with almond milk and nut butter.
3. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and then pour in strawberry mixture. Mix all ingredients well until an even batter has formed.
4. Divide batter evenly into three greased or lined heart-shaped baking pans (mine is about 4.5" from where the heart dips to the bottom of the heart and about 5.5" at the widest part of the heart). You may do 2 layers instead but you will have to increase the baking time or use a larger pan so the inside of the cake cooks well.
5. Bake each cake layer for 30 minutes until cooked through! Cake is ready when you insert a knife through the middle & it comes out clean!
6. Let the cakes cool before removing from pan (I made the mistake of doing it right away and that's why I only have 2 layers instead of three!).
7. To make the frosting, melt coconut butter first and then add all ingredients to a food processor until everything is well incorporated and you have a pretty pink frosting! Place in the fridge to cool and thicken.
8. When your cakes and frosting have cooled, now it's time to assemble. This recipe makes more than enough frosting for your cake so use as little or as much as you want. Top each cake with a layer of frosting and stack them on top of each other. Decorate as desired and serve!
Store this cake in the fridge to keep fresh!
I like to get many of my staples from Thrive Market - this saves me long drives to the grocery store and $$$ too of course! If you’d like to check it out for 30 days and get 25% off your first order, click here!
Don't forget to tag @datesanddimples when you try my recipes so I can check out your creations!