What's better than a super chocolatey cupcake? A super chocolatey cupcake filled (and topped!) with vegan cream cheese frosting!
OR one filled (and topped!) with vegan chocolate chip cookie dough!
Ingredients (makes 12 cupcakes):
1 cup oat flour
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut flour
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup plant milk
1/2 cup maple syrup
3 tbsp coconut cream
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp applesauce
1/3 cup coconut sugar
Cookie Dough Filling (for 12 cupcakes):
11/2 cup oat flour
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp plant milk
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
pinch of salt
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Filling (for 12 cupcakes):
3/4 cup vegan cream cheese (I recommend Kite Hill - great ingredients!)
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Lakanto powdered monkfruit sweetener with erythritol OR 4 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp plant milk (omit if using maple syrup)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
2. Make cupcakes by mixing oat flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cacao powder, salt, and coconut sugar in a bowl.
3. Add in plant milk, maple syrup, applesauce, and coconut cream to the bowl and mix thoroughly until an even batter is formed.
4. Divide batter into 12 cupcakes in a lined or greased cupcake pan.
5. Bake cupcakes for 20 minutes and let cool completely before filling or topping with frosting.
6. To make cookie dough, mix oat flour, coconut flour, and salt in a bowl. Then add plant milk and maple syrup and mix until well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and move the mixture to the fridge to chill.
7. To make the cream cheese filling, just mix all ingredients together until well incorporated and store in the fridge to chill.
8. Once cupcakes have completely cooled - it's time to fill them!
9. Using a cookie scoop or anything similar you have on hand, make a well on the top middle of each cupcake - going about halfway down the cupcake.
10. Divide either the chilled cookie dough or cream cheese filling between the 12 cupcakes, ensuring each well is filled and each cupcake is frosted! Enjoy!
I like to get many of my staples from Thrive Market - this saves me long drives to the grocery store and $$$ too of course! If you’d like to check it out for 30 days and get 25% off your first order, click here!
Don't forget to tag @datesanddimples when you try my recipes so I can check out your creations!