There are two types of people: those who love salted caramel & those who don't! By the title of this recipe, I'm sure you can guess which of the two I am :)
And why wouldn't I be?? Just look at these! :o
Ingredients (makes 8):
2 1/2 cup coconut cream or milk
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Blondies (makes 8):
3/4 cup + 2 tbsp salted caramel (recipe above)
6 tbsp plant milk
2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
1/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp chocolate chips
To make the salted caramel:
1. Add all salted caramel ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
2. Stirring continuously so it doesn't burn, let the caramel boil until it thickens up.
3. When your caramel is done, remove from heat and let it sit until it cools down a bit.
4. Transfer caramel to a sealed container and store in the fridge. It will thicken up even more in there!
To make the blondies:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix flaxseeds with water and let sit for 10 - 15 min.
3. Mix almond flour, oat flour, and baking powder in a bowl.
4. Add salted caramel, milk, vanilla, and flaxseed mixture into the bowl and mix until everything is well incorporated.
5. Fold in chocolate chips into the mixture.
6. Pour batter into a 9x5 baking pan or a square pan of similar size.
7. Bake blondies for 30 - 35 minutes. Let cool completely.
8. If you have any salted caramel left, drizzle it on top of the blondies and dig in!
I like to get many of my staples from Thrive Market - this saves me long drives to the grocery store and $$$ too of course! If you’d like to check it out for 30 days and get 25% off your first order, click here!
Don't forget to tag @datesanddimples when you try my recipes so I can check out your creations!